[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot inquiry

Tim Freedom tim_freedom at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 01:05:07 UTC 2007

I recently started using schroot yet there doesn't seem to be an easy
way to tell if one is in a schroot "session" or not.  There are no
environmental variables that get set (akin to SUDO_USER with sudo)
and as such I haven't been able to modify my prompt to indicate that
I'm schroot'ing.

Could someone in the know please provide a work-around and possibly
add or set a 'SCHROOT_USER' variable (or similar) when someone starts
a SCHROOT shell.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

 .tf.