[Buildd-tools-devel] Re: buildd-tools sbuild post-etch

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Wed Feb 14 11:47:42 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 09:20:01PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This mail is just to outline a few thoughts I have about where to take
> sbuild after the release of Etch.  It's basically a wish-list of
> things I'd like to propose for Lenny.  Comments and criticism are
> welcome, as are any additional ideas for changes.
>
> I've CC'd debian-devel for wider comments, since most sbuild users are
> not subscribed to the -devel list.
>
> For reference, the current sbuild is available here:
>   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/buildd-tools/trunk/sbuild

Nice plan. I think it's simply time to fork sbuild. I think buildd folks
is not interested in applying large changes to the current
in-production infrastructure. I would not mind of that.
Having a client-server arch for sbuild seems moving into sbuild
some (and potentially all) features currently available in w-b.
I would avoid to add features to sbuild in the sense of a queue manager,
but surely the whole arch of w-b could be better designed to enforce
security.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine