[Buildd-tools-devel] Tiny improvement for config.* scripts

Cyril Brulebois cyril.brulebois at kerlabs.com
Wed Aug 20 00:50:05 UTC 2008

Lately, people have moved from autotools-dev's recommended way of
handling config.{guess,sub} scripts to copying them (unconditionally)
before ./configure, and removing them in clean, to keep the Debian diff
clean.

That makes me wonder why the package isn't native, since the debian/
directory is embedded in the tarball. Or asked differently, why isn't
the debian/ directory kept out, so that it makes sense to have an “orig”
tarball with only sbuild sources, and a normal non-native versioning,
with debian/ getting added through the .diff.gz file?

Sorry if that's been already debated, I'm just brand new, and noticed
the mostly-empty-ness of .diff.gz while preparing the upload targeted at
lenny.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois