[buildd-tools-devel] Some cleanup for current tip

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Tue Aug 4 22:39:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 02:12:35PM +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> The following patches just contain cleanups for current schroot tip.
>
> For a non-complainning package I had to revert
> "sbuild::chroot_facet_session: Move deserialisation code from
> chroot_facet_source" (45364d48302ab5a4f3152159955c217306146a8c), which
> produced deprecation warnings for mein configured union chroots.

This particular issue should be gone now (an incomplete commit,
my fault).  I'll check your patches hopefully tomorrow.

Issues I've found testing were:
- missing mount-device serialisation (fixed)
- lack of implicit session support for block-device and possibly
  other chroot types.  Here --begin-session created the mount
  directories and allowed --run-session to work with them with
  the chroot and session names being identical (but no session
  metadata written out--it's implict from the chroot definition).
  Arguably a buggy misfeature, which we no longer support.  Upgrades
  may leave stray mounts which the new version won't know about.
- file chroots are not setting $PS1 in the shell (buggy in older
  versions as well)
- file session and source chroots hang unpacking the source tarball

Unsure why file chroots don't get a shell prompt--shell execution is
independent of the chroot type.  The unpack error is not clear
either; this will need some more investigation.

Other than that, it's looking nice WRT session preservation and
metadata compatibility over upgrades which is working for me in
the current git.

Regards,
Roger

--