[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot question

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:02:30 UTC 2009

If this is not the correct forum for my question, please let me know and I
will not waste any further bandwidth.

I have setup a 32-bit Ubuntu Hardy chroot environment on a 64-bit system
using schroot.  Everything went quite well, but I have run into one
problem I simply cannot work past.

My home directory is mounted from NFS using autofs, and normally shows up
as /net/home/hirsch in the root environment.  Problem is, no matter what I
have tried I cannot get this to appear in the chroot tree.  The
conventional bind mount that works so well for the local filesystem
objects doesn't seem able to present the autofs directory - all I see is
an empty directory.

Surely I'm not the first person who has tried to get this going.  Can
anyone give me the magic incantation?

Steve