[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot question

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:37:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Philipp Kern wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 06:02:30PM -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>>> My home directory is mounted from NFS using autofs, and normally shows up
>>> as /net/home/hirsch in the root environment.  Problem is, no matter what I
>>> have tried I cannot get this to appear in the chroot tree.  The
>>> conventional bind mount that works so well for the local filesystem
>>> objects doesn't seem able to present the autofs directory - all I see is
>>> an empty directory.
>>
>> Without deeper knowledge of schroot: maybe this is a problem with the use
>> of --bind instead of --rbind (which propagates sub-mounts)?
>
> I've tried both.  Nothing, but nothing appears to work.
>
> Worse yet, I tried starting a second automount daemon during chroot
> initialization and THAT didn't even work!  It fails with a message that it
> cannot place automount on /net and bails.

More information:

The reason that a second automount daemon failed was that the chroot has
not occurred at the point were exec.d commands get run (???)  I thought
this was the entire point behind that directory!

Can anyone explain how I can get an arbitrary sequence of commands to
execute as root user _after_ the session and the new root location has
been established?

Steve