[Buildd-tools-devel] RFC: Creation of a PostgreSQL database schema for wanna-build data

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Sat Jan 17 18:04:13 UTC 2009

This one time, at band camp, Roger Leigh said:
> Dear all,

<snip good news>

> We would be grateful for any comments you might have, particularly
> if you have used the existing wanna-build and can see any defects,
> omissions, or any suggestions for anything we missed or could
> implement in a more optimal fashion.  If you are a PostgreSQL guru,
> a review of the PL/pgSQL and PL/Perl functions and triggers used
> for custom constraint checking would be much appreciated.

I am not a dak hacker, nor an ftpteam or wanna-build guy.  That being
said, it looks like a lot of the information you store and the functions
for comparison look an awful lot like the stuff dak currently has.  Does
it make sense to consolidate, and expand dak to handle the extra things
you need it to do?  It could presumably go in a seperate schema with
grants and so on so that permissions can be kept sensible - all of this
would need to be worked out with the ftpteam people.  It's just that I
get sad every time I see needless duplication of information in
databases :)

Cheers,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |