[Buildd-tools-devel] RFC: Creation of a PostgreSQL database schema for wanna-build data

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Tue Jan 27 10:58:55 UTC 2009

* Marc Brockschmidt [Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:25:08 +0100]:

> >> I'd also like to store the build time and space statistics (currently
> >> stored by sbuild in a GDBM database) stored here along with the logs.

> > Ok, I added those as well, but without a NOT NULL restriction, otherwise
> > it'll be impossible to import old logs. If somebody cares enough, once
> > we have this DB up and the old logs imported we can run a daily job to
> > slowly fill in that information, if it's easily retrievable from the log
> > itself (which I think it is).

> tail -n 1 on any build log will yield
> | Build needed $time, $sizek disk space
> This could (and should) be imported when the old build logs are
> imported.

Oh, btw, would it make sense to store the name of the buildd that
produced the log?

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a
single moment: the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all,
who he is.
                -- Jorge Luis Borges