[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot filesystem union support

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Thu Mar 26 21:13:38 UTC 2009

Hi everybody

A few days ago (and a year ago) I sent a large patch for filesystem union
support for schroot. It took me a while to split it up. Final diffstat is

This patchset can be sepearated into the following blocks:

01-07 Autotools cleanup and debianisation
08-14 Minor features (sessions lists and list validation) and
      cleanups of schroot code
15    Filesystem union chroot options support
16    Add filesystem union support to directory chroots
17-19 Add filesystem union support to loopback chroots + UUID usage
20,21 Skip hidden config files and carify --session-name usage
22    Filesystem union support for block-device chroots (untested)

I just tested the loopback and directory chroots.

I'll send an other patch for sbuild, which includes an adaption for patch 14,
so directory chroots without the location parameter will work again.

Hope most can be integrated upstream. But at least 22 will probably need
fixups as I don't have any block-device based chroots. (Ok I could have
tested it using a loop device directly...)

Regards,

Jan-Marek Glogowski