[buildd-tools-devel] sbuild a new version

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Mon Mar 30 10:33:12 UTC 2009

Roger Leigh <rleigh at codelibre.net> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:36:38PM +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to sbuild a new upstream version of a package, whose
>> source isn't present in any archive?  I couldn't get sbuild find the
>> .orig.tar.gz on the local disk; it keeps trying to fetch it from some
>> archive and fails.  Do I really have to push it into a local
>> repository, or am I simply too blind to find the suitable option?
>
> sbuild accepts sources in two main ways:
>
> package_version
> - the source package /package/ with version /version/ is downloaded
>   and built from the archive.
> ./package_version.dsc
> - the source package /package/ with version /version/ is copied into
>   the build chroot from the specified directory and built.  This is
>   most likely the method you want.

Yes, that's it.  I confused myself by passing in the _source.changes
file instead of the .dsc.  It started OK, but tried to fetch the
source from the archive.  Passing in the .dsc works very well, thanks
for the hint!  I created it with debuild -S, hope that's right.

> I would like to support building in a directory just like you can
> with dpkg-buildpackage, but this isn't currently implemented.

By bind-mounting the working directory into the chroot?  That wouldn't
be bad, but going through a source package has it's good points as
well, and it usually doesn't take too long.
--
Thanks,
Feri.