[buildd-tools-devel] architecture wildcards, type-handling, etc.

Riku Voipio riku.voipio at iki.fi
Fri May 15 09:28:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:13:43AM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 May 2009 21:55:00 Guillem Jover wrote:
> > So, there's missing support in sbuild (#501230), which arguably is
> > a pretty recent bug report, but AFAIR I sent a mail to Ryan long time
> > ago when drafting the wildcard support and never heard back, but then
> > I never insisted again, so that's on me.
> >
> > Then the buildd network will need to be upgraded to use an sbuild
> > supporting that. I'm not sure if wanna-build might also need changes.
> > Lintian will need to be fixed as well once the buildd network supports
> > this. And then minor stuff like the vim debcontrol syntax highlighter
> > and similar.

> Would it be reasonable/acceptable to establish this issue as a squeeze release
> goal?

a release goal is IMHO something that needs fixes in a sweep of
packages in archive before release. This change OTOH just needs fixes
to sbuild and then some infrastructure work (deploying new sbuild/buildd
everywhere).

As the second part is already being worked on, all you need is to provide
patches to the sbuild/buildd maintainers :)