[buildd-tools-devel] [GIT] sbuild branch, master, updated. debian/sbuild-0.60.6-1-2-g9c7c5ee

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Wed Dec 8 22:15:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 03:27:59PM -0500, Andres Mejia wrote:
> >    Sbuild::ResolverBase: Dummy package creation is inside the chroot filesystem
>
> I think hard coding "/tmp" shouldn't be done. Instead, use
> 'File::Spec->tmpdir()'.

I don't think this would work robustly.  It can return the current
working directory, and this would be on the host filesystem.  There
are no guarantees that the directory it returns is available in
the chroot.  Likewise for $TMPDIR.  It's checks for writable
locations are likewise done on the host.

/tmp is guaranteed to exist in the chroot (it's part of the base
install).  I think using a subdirectory of the package build
directory may be better, but the resolver object currently has
no access to that information (we would need to set it from
Sbuild::Build).  It's probably best if all the generated files
and archive go in there.  I changed this when refactoring the
resolver code to split the internal resolver code completely
from the rest, but we can certainly go back to using it.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh