[buildd-tools-devel] edos-(build)debcheck - the next generation

Andreas Barth aba at not.so.argh.org
Sat Jul 31 18:28:14 UTC 2010

* Ralf Treinen (treinen at debian.org) [100726 22:50]:
> We are currently working on the next generation of edos-debcheck and
> edos-builddebcheck (and some other related tools) which will be based
> on a new library (dose3). So this is the best moment to rethink command
> line usage and output formats.

I'd like to specify an arch to use, and have both edos to ignore
packages of other arches, and satisfy the proper arch-specificy
depends (i.e. works with something like "Depends: a [linux-any], b
[i386 amd64]").

> Following the remarks and bug reports we received for the current
> edos-debcheck we made a proposal on
>
>   http://wiki.debian.org/EDOS/ProposalDose3

About packages appearing multiple times: What is the issue if the
packages are different in different versions? That's something normal
e.g. for experimental, and should be accepted.

Andi