[buildd-tools-devel] Sbuild configuration environment variables in external commands

Jonathan Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 25 17:35:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

We're migrating our internal build infrastructure from sbuild 0.60.1 to
0.62.6.  We currently use setup-hook to dynamically generate some extra
sources.list files in the chroot.  (I see that setup-hook has been
deprecated, but that's not relevant to my question).  This setup-hook in
turn relies on some of the sbuild configuration environment variables
(e.g. SBUILD_BUILD_CONF_DISTRIBUTION).  I'm aware of the new changes with
build_environment and environment_filter, but I still can't figure out how
to cause sbuild to set these environment variables in the first place.
Looking at the source, I don't even see how it's possible anymore, since
there's no longer a call to $self->get_env before running external
commands.  I can come up with a workaround, but before I waste my time, I
wanted to confirm whether or not sbuild 0.62.6 is capable of passing its
current configuration via environment variables to external commands or
not.  Can someone tell me whether or not that's the case?  And if not, how
do I reproduce the old behavior of sbuild passing its configuration to
external commands?

Thanks,

Jon