[buildd-tools-devel] sbuild maintenance, bug handling and patch review needed

Geoffrey Thomas geofft at ldpreload.com
Sat Aug 30 21:03:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Roger Leigh wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm afraid that at present I don't have the time or inclination to be able
> to give sbuild any real support in terms to keeping up with bug reports,
> including those with patches which need review.  There are a number which
> could use some attention, particularly those with patches which need
> applying and uploading.  I don't want to be a blocker for these things.
> I'm also trying to reduce the amount of time I spend typing each day to
> mitigate the RSI I'm currently suffering from, and this means the amount
> of time I devote to Debian needs to be reduced.
>
> If anyone would be able to take over some of this stuff, I'd be very
> grateful.  I'll continue to be available for answering questions and
> helping where I am able, but I'm afraid I won't be able to continue as
> one of the primary maintainers for the foreseeable future.

Hi Roger,

I haven't seen much response to this, and personally I'm awaiting seeing
my --extra-package and --extra-repository patches (#700522, #714883) land
in sbuild in Jessie. There are also a fair number of patches on the BTS
awaiting merge. I'd like to do a team upload rolling up a bunch of the
outstanding patches on the BTS. Does that sound good to you?

Are there any particular patches where you know something nonobvious I
should pay attention to before merging?

I'll send a request to join the Alioth project so I can commit this upload
to git.

Thanks,
--
Geoffrey Thomas