[buildd-tools-devel] Some Debian package upgrades are corrupting rsync "quick check" backups

Johannes Schauer josch at debian.org
Mon Jan 30 15:20:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

Quoting Holger Levsen (2017-01-30 14:58:33)
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 02:47:45PM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > > b.) if thats the case, shall we scan all packages in sid for files which
> > > have the same timestamp+filename but different checksums and ask for
> > > binNMUs of those packages?
> > The version of sbuild used on the buildds probably doesn't bump the timestamp
> > yet. At least the binNMU-ed packages on my system share the binNMU changelog
> > timestamp with the timestamp of the last source upload. :)
>
> so it seems we should
>
> a.) get this fix deployed on all the buildds. (how?)
> b.) do the b.) above… (because AIUI this issue atm is only be noticed
>     by those running unstable or stretch, while once stretch is released many
>     more people will notice it…)

I'm not involved in buildd development. I think Aurélien Jarno (CC) is involved
as there are many commits from him in the respective sbuild git branch.
Possibly the right mailing is debian-dak at l.d.o but I'm not active there.

The buildds are running a custom version of sbuild with their own patches on
top. So I'd expect that once Stretch is released, they will rebase their
patches on top of sbuild from Stretch.

So as far as I understand Henrik's original message, their problem should be
fixed once packages start being built with sbuild from Stretch which happens
after the Stretch release.

Thanks!

cheers, josch