[buildd-tools-devel] Some Debian package upgrades are corrupting rsync "quick check" backups

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sat May 13 19:34:57 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-13 17:52, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 03:44:57PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> >  a) Has anything changed in the meantime?
>
> Yes: sbuild stopped repeating the changelog time taking it from the last
> entry, and will instead generate a new timestamp based on the current
> time:
>
>   * For binNMUs, instead of copying the timestamp of the last changelog entry,
>     generate a new one (closes: #843773)
>
> In version 0.73.0-1.

And I am glad that after all that months with people talking about the
issue, I finally got a detailed description of the issue and a pointer
to the commit to backport. I'll work on that.

> >  b) Will this affect stretch? If so, what do we need to do now?

It depends by wat you mean by "affect stretch". According to the version
above, the buildds running stretch are not affected by the bug. So it
mostly depends where the packages are built, not for which distribution.

Cheers,
Aurelien

aurelien at aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net