[Calendarserver-maintainers] Bug#751365: New upstream release and Python 3 support
zigo at debian.org
Thu Jun 12 06:53:18 UTC 2014
There's a new version of pykerberos available here:
This version (eg: 1.1.5) now includes support for Python 3. So it'd be nice
to package this version and to add support for Python 3.
To speed up this process, I've worked on the package, and added numerous
improvements. I have dropped my changes over here:
In there, you will also find a "patches" folder, with all the individual
patches against the Git of the project. You can also git pull from:
if you find this easier. The changelog which I propose is as follow:
pykerberos (1.1.5-0.1) unstable; urgency=medium
* Non-maintainer upload.
* New upstream release.
* Added a debian/gbp.conf.
* Added extend-diff-ignore = "^[^/]*[.]egg-info/" in debian/source/options.
* Added python3 support.
* Removed useless debian/pyversions and debian/pycompat.
* Canonical VCS URLs.
* Added a watch file.
* debian/copyright using parseable format 1.0.
* Added a homepage field.
* Drops conflicts + replaces, as this is a very old version that had the
issue and even Wheezy should be unaffected now.
* Also cleans the build folder to allow double builds.
* Disabled some unused dh target to speed-up the build.
* Added add-function-to-inquire-on-credentials.patch (Closes: #744049).
If you have no time to work on this, please allow me to NMU the package.
I indeed need this to be able to package python-requests-kerberos for
OpenStack, and best would be to have the above Python 3 support ASAP.
Thomas Goirand (zigo)
More information about the Calendarserver-maintainers