[CJKUnifonts-devel] qǐ 起

Arne Goetje arne at linux.org.tw
Mon Nov 17 00:40:44 UTC 2008

RCarter wrote:
> qǐ 起
>
> NPCR, New Concept Chinese For Children, and Wenlin's fonts show the second
> component open: 己.
> Ukai and uming show it closed: 巳.

Also a glyph variation: China, Japan and Korea use 己, Taiwan, Hong Kong
and Vietnam use 巳.

In the basic CJK Unified Ideographs block of Unicode alone, there are
about 10,000 codepoints which have such glyph variants. I have a list of
 them and will implement them into the UMing and UKai fonts over time.
Problem is: I don't have much time in the moment, so the process is
stalled, right now.

FYI the document with the glyph shapes as used in each region is here:
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c039921_ISO_IEC_10646_2003(E).zip

Cheers
Arne
--