[CJKUnifonts-devel] Unicode glyph comparison

Arne Goetje arne at linux.org.tw
Mon Mar 2 14:00:02 UTC 2009

Chow Lok Yuen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I find an excellent website which give detail explanation
> on different writing styles among the Asian regions:
>
> http://hanzi.unihan.com.cn/CoolHanzi/
>
> It gives graphical, comprehensive comparison. I am impressed
> because others seldom regard the HK authority as one of the
> writing "standard". I think the website is a good reference when we
> consider making "AR Uming/UKai HK" as a font really for HK people.

Yes, nice page. Thanks for sharing.
Personally I have used the official ISO10646-2003 PDF files, plus the
HKSAR reference Ming font as references. The official ISO10646-2003 PDF
has glyphs by source for each CJK codepoint, unfortunately without HK in
the past.

Any progress in HK with producing HK glyph shapes for UMing/UKai?
I have recently finished the simplified Chinese glyphs for UKai, which
are available in the original Arphic fonts (GB2312 only).

I plan to make a new upload soon (if time permits it).

Cheers
Arne
--
Arne Götje (高盛華) <arne at linux.org.tw>