[CJKUnifonts-devel] 回覆︰ Links in CJKUnifont project on freedesktop wiki don't work anymore

Chow Lok Yuen bc_cly at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Nov 19 16:31:53 UTC 2014

Dear all,
I recommend to use hanziresearcher (汉文博士) because it uses the 中研院 cdphanzi data but more comprehensive.http://hanbox.cnblogs.com/I believe Babelstone Han is the future of the so called Arphic PL font derivatives because the author (Andrew West) is active and
he is still developing it and will support CJK Extension E soon. You can find him at Adobe CCJKType blog.
Now I am still using cut & paste method to produce AR PL UKai that supports CJK Extension Cand CJK Extension D because there are still few fonts support these Unicode ranges.
As far as I know, one of the WenQuanYi developers in Taiwan is still refining the strokes of CJK Basic range.Maybe you can find new version of 文泉驿正黑 in nightly build.PeTerChow

     Cheng-Chia Tseng <pswo10680 at gmail.com> 於 2014年11月15日 (週六) 9:55 PM 寫道﹕

 On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM, 魔法設計師 <shoichi.chou at gmail.com> wrote:
> About CJKUnifont project,I think you may find it in Debian repository
> servers. If what you need is source data or raw data ,I think you maybe find
> other project.
> For example I have a project
> http://code.google.com/p/libdgg/
>
> depend on a raw data font "single.fnt" ,which includes 中研院's contribution.
> There are more than 78000漢字 in it. You can check out it. It maybe help you.

Thank you! That might replace the use of ids_rs.txt file which is
missing in the tutorial. To make use of single.fnt might need some
further research.

>> FYI, something useful may be found at:
>>
>> http://www.study-area.org/apt/firefly-font/

Well, I cannot connect to this link. :S

>> > Someone helpful may be found here
>> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/cjkunifonts-devel/
>> >
>> > Also Firefly (螢火飛), the original author of the 'New Sung' font, also
>> > has continuous input to the font.

By the way, I have found a font project caled as BabelStone Han which
was created by merging the "AR PL Mingti2L Big5" font (13,068 CJK
Unified Ideographs) and "AR PL SungtiL GB" font (6,763 CJK Unified
Ideographs). That is, it was created in the way which was the same as
firefly sung (AR PL Sung/AR PL New Sung). And CJKUnifonts based on
firefly sung to go further (AR PL UMing).

Link: http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Fonts/Han.html

If BabelStone Han has progressed much more than AR PL UMing, we may
give up AR PL UMing and help or fork BabelStone Han which is focus on
China variant of Han characters instead for Mingti/Sunti style of open
CJK fonts.

--
Cheers,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng