[Cloud-packages] Packaging python library - uritemplate

SZ Lin (林上智) szlin at cs.nctu.edu.tw
Mon Sep 26 06:49:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I want to package python library - uritemplate [1], but I found that the
package which is maintained by you has the same name and similar function
in Debian archive [2] [3].

Despite these function are similar, the API seems like incompatible in each
other. The reason why I want to package [1] is that because there are many
popular utilities [4] [5] are depends on it.

Someone already asked the author of upstream about  duplicate issues [6],
the author refused to rename his project .

Do you have any suggestion on it ?

ref:
[1]: https://github.com/sigmavirus24/uritemplate
[2]: https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-py/