[cut-team] live images for CUT

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Sun Aug 15 12:26:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I know that this is not the hard/big part of getting CUT working,
however, to make sure that you know.. generating live images for CUT
releases are straight forward, if:

  * all images of our prebuilt image set can be generated if all
    packages are installable that are included in the respective
    tasks: {gnome,kde,xfce,lxde}-desktop, desktop, laptop, standard

    otherwise, if one of them is not, the respective image could be
    skipped for one CUT release and brought back for the next. but
    that's up to someone else to decide.

  * (just for completness, it should never be an issue anyway:)
    live-boot and live-config are working

optionally:

  * debian-installer needs to be working in order to have combined
    live and installer images (regardless if d-i is going to be used
    in live or normal modus).

  * (just for completness, it should never be an issue anyway:)
    debian-installer-launcher is working

or in other words: i'm a big fan of having CUT releases. if you can
somehow ensure that for a given CUT release the respective tasksel tasks
are installable, then i can take care about all the rest and build the
images at the release dates so that they can be synced to cdimage.d.o.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net