[cut-team] CUT thoughts

Joey Hess joeyh at debian.org
Tue Aug 17 01:10:35 UTC 2010

Michael Gilbert wrote:
> Anthony Towns:
> > Running debsecan on a lenny box reports a whole bunch of security
> > vulnerabilities, including a bunch of high-urgency ones. I found one
> > that I could resolve by removing an unused library, but most of them
> > don't seem to have fixes available? Is that normal?
>
> Yes, unfortunately that is very much the status quo wrt stable security.

Right, and this gets back to what I posted before about the common
perception of stable being more secure than testing or unstable being
inverted from what is often the reality. If AJ gets it wrong, I guess
almost everyone is getting it wrong. :)

Which problem is something CUT can address, from the publicity angle.

--
see shy jo