[cut-team] Snapshots

Joey Hess joeyh at debian.org
Sat Aug 28 00:21:31 UTC 2010

Anthony Towns wrote:
> AFAIK suites are defined in dak.conf by hand, so adding/removing
> suites is a manual operation, and having dak's name for the suite be
> something that doesn't need to change regularly is a win. Symlinks
> otoh can be automated reasonably trivially.

I am all for something that is easy, especially to start, but I think we
may have other reasons to want multiple snapshots. One is so that
upgrades from the current to the next snapshot can be tested (for
more than the 6 hours before the next britney run) before releasing it.

> Hmm. Maybe we could ignore that -- if we build a CD from the CUT
> snapshot, and install from the CD, then the testing symlink on the CD
> should just point at the CUT snapshot anyway, and everything might
> work ok.

Such a CD would happily upgrade the base system to testing over the net,
and proceed to install tasks from testing.

--
see shy jo