[cut-team] Where do we go from here?

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:32:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:47:39 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 23:04, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> wrote:
> > Are you ready to work on snapshots? If yes, do you have conditions?
>
> So I don't think I've seen anyone else actually say "yes" here. Are
> testing snapshots DOA?
>
> I'm still interested, but not to the point of working through them on my own.

After thinking about this some more, I am interested in testing
snapshots. My plan to put together a demonstration using the
squeeze alpha installer.  Basically, I'll just modify the apt sources
so that it installs a snapshot.d.o snapshot from the day that the
installer was released (Feb 21st 2010).

That's rather straightforward and simple, so it can be done rather
quickly (when I find the time). The hard part for this approach is
setting up a mirror network for snapshot.d.o's squeeze snapshots. I'm
not a DD, so I can't do any work on that, but its really needed if
snapshots were to become popular.

Best wishes,
Mike