[cut-team] CUT discussion summary for -project@

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Thu Sep 9 23:30:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010, Joey Hess wrote:
> I wonder if the _HHMMSS in the suite name is really needed. If we
> need 2 cuts in the same day, we're surely doing something wrong? For
> that matter, we could simplify the YYYYMMDD to YYMM if it seemed to
> make sense with whatever release frequency develops.

It'd probably be useful to have some accepted versioning system to
number a recut if for some reason the first cut was bad; hopefully
we'd never have to do it, but having it specified would avoid having
assumptions everwhere which made this very difficult. [Or maybe this
should be some system of point releases of a particular cut? Not
totally certain.]

Don Armstrong

--
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test his
character, give him power.