[cut-team] CUT discussion summary for -project@

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Sat Sep 11 08:17:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 04:57, Joey Hess <joeyh at debian.org> wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
>>    - create cut-new
>>    - find it doesn't work
>>    - update it
>>    - find it doesn't work
>>    - update it
>>    - find it does work! yay!
>>    - finish d-i stuff etc
>>    - release it as cut-2010-09
>> That sounds pretty workable to me.
> This too, update plan page?

Updated.

I've made it "cut-2010-09" instead of "squeeze-cut-2010-09" because it
seemed simpler, and the codename doesn't actually seem helpful when
you've got a date anyway. I dropped the "squeeze-cut-5" stuff, because
that just seemed like it'd be way to hard to translate into something
meaningful (I'm imagining something like: "slink cut 3; hmm, slink was
between hamm and potato, hamm was July 1998, we were doing CUTs every
three months then, so the 1st cut would've been Oct, then Jan, and cut
3 was 1999-04. ok!")

I've left the suite names as testing-cut and testing-cut-new, because
that's how they're actually made, and that still seems useful to
indicate.

Cheers,
aj

--