[cut-team] Designing rolling, it's happening now

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Apr 28 14:43:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

FYI, just in case you're not following -devel and planet.debian.org.

I have started to write a set of articles to sort out the various ideas
that I had in mind about rolling, the first two are out already:
http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/04/27/towards-debian-rolling-my-own-debian-cut-manifesto/
http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/04/28/no-freeze-of-debian-development-what-does-it-entail/
(and more are to come)

And in parallel, I responded to a mail of Sean Finney who replied to the
release team about his wish to see development continue during freeze
to make it clear that this is what rolling is about. After a slow start
several members of the release team participated in the discussion:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/04/threads.html#00602

Feel free to participate in the discussions and/or to submit comments to
my articles so that I can draft a better proposal as a result.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)