[cut-team] Daily wheezy snapshot installation media now available

davi at gnu.org davi at gnu.org
Fri Feb 18 18:40:39 UTC 2011

Michael Gilbert wrote:
> davi wrote:
> > Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > > Adnan Hodzic <adnan at foolcontrol.org>
> > >

> > I just note that filtering the packages, "by release critical bugs" and
> > so on, is a basic test which allows get for CUT all the rest of the new
> > stuff which is in Debian testing.
>
> RC bugs are a metric for the stable release.  Things move too fast in
> testing for that to be the sole metric for CUT as well.  Also if that
> were the case, CUT wouldn't be any different from a stable release, so
> what would be the point?

The difference would be have a release each 6 months or even less, instead of
each two years (or more).

IMHO release critical bugs would be one of the good test for CUT. That is to
say, if the RC bug is already reviewed-reproduced then what is the point to
release with CUT something what does not work?, CUT wouldn't be any different
from a testing release, so what would be the point?

> Anyway, since CUT is a testing release, we don't need to impose any
> stringent requirements.  I would say that many things can remain broken
> in a CUT as long as default installation options continue to work and
> the system is bootable/working directly after the install.

So, almost the same than testing?