[cut-team] Daily wheezy snapshot installation media now available

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Feb 19 01:55:59 UTC 2011

Le Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 03:11:35PM +0000, davi at gnu.org a écrit :

>   instead of cherry picking packages from the 'new' testing,
>   ban to enter CUT the ones with release critical bugs.
>   So only what is at good state enter in the next CUT.

Alternatively, I would like to propose, especially for leaf packages of low
priority, the possibility to downgrade to either the stable version or a
version from snapshot.debian.org, when they are not affected by the bugs.  This
would be a decision taken usually by the maintainer, because of course it can
be taken only by somebody who knows if the package is downgradable or not. And
of course if a package is part of a dependancy chain, concertation is needed.

That would eliminate bugs from the radar with minimal effort, and let
volunteers concentrate on the really problematic ones. More importantly, it
would make CUT a broad community effort.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy,
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan