[cut-team] Need your help for DebConf: Please summarise your session

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Jul 28 09:21:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> proper announcement.  We'd like to prevent that for the coming conference
> and therefore contact you, as you registered a session titled "Debian
> Rolling Bof".
>
> You would do us a great service, if you could contact us in advance if you
> are going to announce anything (e.g. a freeze of the archive, policy
> changes, new cool features).  A small summary would be most welcome, as
> well as some contact data.

So we had this Debian Rolling BoF. This is my summary:

The idea behind Debian Rolling is that we can have an official
testing-like distribution that is good enough for widespread
usage by desktop users who always want the latest versions of all
the software. While the BoF did not result in a complete action plan,
it helped us to get a better understanding of the weight of the different
opinions that have been expressed in the latest debian-devel discussion.
It turns out that most attendants of the BoF believe that testing is
already good enough for widespread usage. So instead of starting with
something completely different, we'll start with testing and build from
there.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer