[cut-team] Unofficial Debian Monthly Testing Snapshot Release (version 2011.05)

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:17:07 UTC 2011

Elias Önal wrote:

> So is this Debian-CUT? Does it have its own repository? I heard all the
> buzz about Debian-CUT, but barely found information about it. Wasn't it
> meant to be a rolling release?

No, CUT is an amorphous meme.  These installer snapshots address the
need for a reliable testing installer, and that is part of the CUT
manifesto, but it isn't the whole shebang. There are other discussions
trying to figure out this "rolling" meme on the debian-devel list
right now if you want to try to catch up on that.

See also http://cut.debian.net for a bigger picture.

Best wishes,
Mike