[D-community-discuss] List of contributors

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Dec 11 17:14:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 08 December 2007 21:17, Shams Fantar wrote:
> > Maybe we can generate this automatically by getting the commit
> > information from SVN?
> >
> > Almost everything is versioned at the moment, so it would be fairly
> > accurate, I believe.
> Yes, why not ! Is it technically workable ?

I'm not sure, what we can get automatically eg from the wiki svn:

bikeshed-wiki$ svn log|grep "commit by"|cut -d " " -f 4|sort|uniq
AndrewDonnellan
AndrewDonnellan:
beuno
beuno:
ChrisLale
cord:
DavidWeichert
HolgerLevsen
HolgerLevsen:
http://fdgonthier.myopenid.com/
http://joey.kitenet.net/
http://kaeso.wordpress.com/:
http://kevix.myopenid.com/:
http://madduck.myopenid.com/:
http://mind.booster.noori.myopenid.com/
http://mind.booster.noori.myopenid.com/:
http://olivier.berger.myopenid.com/:
http://rhertzog.myopenid.com/:
http://stefano.zacchiroli.myopenid.com/
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/:
http://vir.db.myopenid.com/
http://www.joachim-breitner.de/:
http://zhenech.myopenid.com/:
joeyh
LightKnight
LightKnight:
LucaBrivio:
MauroL
nd
RalfG:
Scurz
untrammelled:

alioth-svn$ svn log|grep "^r[0-9]* "|cut -d "|" -f 2|sort|uniq
ajdlinux-guest
beuno-guest
d-community-guest
h01ger-guest
luk
madduck

(btw, i wonder why "^r[0-9]+ " didnt work...)

So, no, I wouldn't say it's possible to create this list fully automatically,
if only because of the openid-URLs...

But commit logs certainly help to create that list retrospectivly now :-)

regards,
	Holger