[D-community-discuss] knowledge base structure

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Tue Mar 6 18:32:24 CET 2007

Hi Nico,

On Saturday 24 February 2007 07:28, Nico Dietrich wrote:
> Yeah -
> it's great to see this effort towards building a debian user community
> arising! I've been thinking about doing something like that some months
> ago, but never got started, so it's great someone actually does something
> and I'm happiest joining forces.

Thanks & welcome :)

> That's why I think the structuring should be done in a wiki way as the
> content is. There could be different entry points for different kinds of
> users. This is an example of such a structure with some example questions:
> (of course this is will be splitted on many pages - on the entry page
> you'll only see the top level points.)
>
>  / i have a problem
>     / hardware doesn't work
>       / it's about graphics
>   / i want to change something in my system, but fear to do something wrong
>  / i want to buy some hardware (which is supported)
>  / share some recipies
>  / i want to know more about
>  / critics
>    / technical
>    / social

I like this (whole) idea and would like to ask Chris, if he thinks that its
possible/useful to restructure newbiedoc in such a way? As said, I think we
should rather aim to support+improve existing projects than creating our own.

> About the question "own wiki or wiki.debian.org" I'd go for an own wiki
> first (and link to content on the debian-wiki) to allow more experiments
> (like the stuff above). Later both wikis should be merged to avoid
> redundancy.

I agree, except that I would s/Later/All the time/ :)

regards,
	Holger