[D-community-discuss] Debian newbie mailinglist created!

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Sep 3 10:24:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 11:31, Chris Lale wrote:
> Ah well! I wondered about leaving out a hyphen:
> d-community-debiannewbie at lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> but I doubt there would be any advantage when using a search engine. A
> search including the terms "debian" and "newbie" would be unlikely to pick
> up "debiannewbie". Since "newbie" is the most important keyword, I think
> that your original suggestion would be better:
> d-community-newbie at lists.alioth.debian.org

d-community-newbie at lists.alioth.debian.org has just been created and
activated, please subscribe yourselves! :-)

The current description is "Debian newbie mailinglist" - Chris, do you have a
better one? Actually I will send you the adminstrative password in a seperate
mail, so you can change that yourself :)

I think it would also be a good idea to create a page on
http://wiki.debian-community.org/ and describe the mailinglist and it's
purpose there :-)

regards,
	Holger