[D-community-offtopic] Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:52:25 UTC 2010

"Steve Jobs may have a problem with the venerable platform, but I
don't. Do you? ...

Consumers seem to think it's bloated and unsafe—at least that's the
commonly held wisdom. For me, though, Flash is one of the Web's more
sublime technologies, one I've known and used for more than 15
years. ...

I contend that Flash is a good platform. It drives countless Web sites
and online and offline apps, including one of my favorites—TweetDeck
(Essentially, I live inside this Twitter utility.). Others may complain
of system or security issues, but I've never experienced them. Flash
has come a long way since its animation-only days as Future Splash, and
I really hope it doesn't go anywhere except forward."

Celejar