[D-community-offtopic] A Debian -offtopic mailing list: to be or not to be

Memnon Anon gegendosenfleisch at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:30:02 UTC 2011

Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> writes:

>> This list doesn't hurt anyone and can be useful.
>
> Whilst undoubtedly true, it does involve taking time to administer the
> list.  If Andrei feels that time could be better spent on other tasks,
> then so be it.

Thats an interesting point.

Andrei: How much time is there actually involved in keeping the list
running?

I just subscribed, and I think this list may be useful for matters not
strictly related to debian (only), but nevertheless linux; I will see
how this works out ;).

However, I don't think this list will be strictly necessary, just
convenient. So if you have to invest a considerable amount of time and
effort ("considerable" like in "I - Andrei - consider it considerable"),
this list may very well be closed for its own good.
As someone already said, there are lots of alternatives around.

Memnon