[D-community-offtopic] is it possible to upgrade ios without loosing personal data

Sat Apr 28 20:21:10 UTC 2012

Does anyone have experience in upgrading iOS? In particular, I want to
upgrade my ipod touch from iOS 3.1.2 (7D11) to say 4.1. From what I read
online, this would erase all the personal data. So, I would like to know how
to backup / restore all the personal data, contacts, songs I copied manually
etc.,. All the links from google searches do not answer this question. Is
there any easy way or do I have to purchase some third party software to
achieve this? If so, can you recommend a software that actually works?

thanks
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/