[D-community-offtopic] (Fairly) new very long URLs on news.yahoo?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:17:56 UTC 2012

Kamaraju,

Thanks for your reply!

The point I may not have made clearly is that the problem occurs, just after I
check my yahoo email account and sign out, and then get that page that sort
of shows thumbnails of various stories with links--it is those links that I
click on that give me the long URLs.

Doing a further search at that point would be more effort than simply clicking
on the long URL and then editing it.

As an aside, I got an absolutely worthless response from yahoo support after
finally finding a place to write to--the response basically said that they
(he) understood that I wanted shorter URLs.

No information on why they switched to the longer URLs, what they do for them
(or me) (nothing good, I'm sure), how I could avoid them, or any note that
they'd consider a change (except a very general statement that all customer
feedback is saved and (could be?) considered in future versions of their
software.

But, again, thanks for your reply!  Sorry for the (almost?) rant. ;-)

Randy Kramer