[D-community-offtopic] Flashbacks - Was: Typing in bar characters (accented characters?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 22 11:06:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 12:51 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 18:53 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 05:10:05PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > > I have the misfortune of never having learned Latin.
> >
> > If you've ever seen the "graffiti scene" in 'The Life of Brian' then you
> > may use a word other than misfortune. :)
>
> As I already pointed out, this is true. Btw. this movie scene does show
> how Latin does work. Salve vocative et ablative and all the other nice
> stuff!

Haven't seen it for a long time, I guess I'll google for the German
synced graffiti scene and watch it on YouTube later. It wasn't that much
fun at school as it is to watch this scene, OTOH I draw many pictures
during Latin lessons, because the lessons where not that interesting. We
read Homer, the ancient Greek epic poet, not the one from Springfield
next to Shelbyville, in Latin. At that time Homer Simpson wasn't born,
Itchy and Scratch were not born, but we watched a lot of Tom and Jerry
at that time :D.