[D-community-offtopic] [OT] users and computers [was: Re: Customized Debian - Was: ...]

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:55:53 UTC 2013

[Please respect Reply-To]

On Lu, 21 ian 13, 19:45:21, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> Well, I have managed to get along well in life without ever creating a Word document after
> MS Office 97.  I generally look at spreadsheets with disdain and try to figure out what the
> hell is so cool about them.

It's a table of numbers that you can then perform calculations on,
presuming you have a calculator[1].

> USers are forever getting in and changing a spreadsheet
> in one department that another department needs and then borking it up.

Bah, my own colleagues are overwriting formulas with values and then
wonder why the sheet doesn't work anymore.

[1] this is only half joke, I've actually seen it several times.

Kind regards,
Andrei