[D-community-offtopic] Choosing Debian version or derivative to run Wine when resource poor

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 26 15:15:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 03:44 +1300, somebody off-list wrote something
about the church discussion, IMO it belongs to d-community-offtopic ;).

Yes, but the German church does a "good job", just this Tebartz van-Elst
[1] made a mistake. When I have a job I don't pay church tax, because
I'm not member of a church. Many Germans are not member of a church, so
many people don't pay church taxes. However, 1. church has a lobby, e.g.
the regnant christian party, they also get money from "normal" taxes +
2. they get church taxes from unemployment benefit/social benefits from
everybody who is jobless. IOW when I'm jobless a part from the
unemployment benefit/social benefits is lost by church taxes. The more
Germans are jobless, the better for the church. Free slave workers,
regarding to the 1€ job law and more church taxes.

I'll read the links about your country later, perhaps you should forward
them to the list.

[1] Suspended by the pope, yes, but it's said that he will get a better
job soon.