[D-community-offtopic] systemd plans

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 27 18:08:50 UTC 2013

I'm not a Debian developer, but my main distro Arch Linux switched to
systemd a long time ago. Regarding to the flame wars caused by the
transition, people were banned from the Arch general mailing list and
the list nowadays is moderated.

The issue with packages you experiences has to do with decisions from
upstream. It still makes me wonder, that Debian maintainers are willing
to separate udev from systemd.

I don't like software written by Lennart. Btw. when I type "lennart  po"
into the Google search, the second recommended auto-completion is
"lennart poettering idi??" (I censored the quote and btw. usually I use
https://startpage.com/ and not Google).

However, I still dislike systemd, but it's not that dramatic to be
forced to use it.

If you want to discuss systemd and hard dependency issues, please
consider to do it at
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic and
everybody who want's to discuss it, please keep one subject for the
discussion, so that I directly can filter this thread and nobody is
forced to set up one filter rule after the other.

There really is no need for another "I don't like systemd" thread,
everything about this issue that can be said, already was said a million
times before.

TIA,
Ralf