Replacing systemd in Jessie

Patrick Bartek nemommxiv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 23:08:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Ma, 09 dec 14, 18:48:54, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > What patterns did you see?
> >
> > What claims did I make?  What a lot of Debian server admins think of
> > systemd?  A rhetorical statement.  A lot of Debian server admins
> > don't like systemd to put it mildly. They said so -- explicitly --
> > with various reasons why. Now, whether what they "claimed" is true
> > or not remains to be seen, but we do know their opinions.
>
> "A lot" can mean just about anything without some concrete numbers
> behind it. But this is getting off topic, so if you expect any more
> answers from me please follow up on the -offtopic list (CC and
> Reply-To set accordingly).

I guess relative terminology has little use in your world. Sorry, but I
have no concrete numbers to offer.  I performed no statistical analyses
of the systemd discussions here (who does?), nor have I come across any
in my research -- not even so much as an opinion poll either. So, I
guess you're stuck with my confounding subjective assessment. But to
make things easier: "a lot" here means more than "a few," might even
mean "most;" but certainly not "all."  Relatively speaking. ;-)

No reply expected: As you've said, we're bordering on off-topic. Plus, I
have nothing else that needs saying.