[D-community-offtopic] pro audio hardware driver advocacy

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jan 17 16:28:14 UTC 2014

There is room for some positive glass-half-full advocacy between
companies producing pro-audio hardware, and the linuxdriverproject.org
(GregKH and ~400 other volunteer developers).

Here is a post I just made to exactly this effect:
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10104&start=45

Here is Linux Driver Project, and FAQ:
http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

It seems there is a little bit of a need in our community for
individuals who have, or who are going to purchase, currently
unsupported pro audio hardware, to mentor their manufacturer of choice
through the awesome benefits of gratis/no-cost audio driver
development (even under NDA if they require), for Linux, the greatest
kernel ever :)

It's hard to beat free development by volunteer developers!

Cheers
Zenaan