[D-community-offtopic] sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 18 19:28:28 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 10:58 -0800, cletusjenkins wrote:
> Exactly what factoid do you know that could possibly prevent computers
> as complex and powerful as a human brain

Emotions! Intuition! Self-doubts! Creativity! Consciousness! Desire to
live! Scientific curiosity! I could continue this list!

FWIW my idols in the childhood were Joseph Weizenbaum and Marvin Minski
and I early started experimenting with AI/simulation of human
intelligence.

Computers can do a lot, but they are crap compared to humans. I don't
know how smart aliens are, since I never met some. But as Jimi Hendrix
once sung in the song "UFO" (Dantes), analogously "it's only important
that we love Rock'n'Roll".

Computers can't feel Rock'n'Roll because Computers can't feel abasement,
lovelorn, rage ... they are as cold as ice.