[Fwd: Re: A loser at ATT]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jun 9 06:57:43 UTC 2014

On 6/9/14, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 12:12 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> Ralph, I _don't_ like uncertainty, so I think that we should campain
>> for the COC to contain sections proscribing exceptionable or
>> reprehensible manners. Or something.
>>
>> How can we be allowed to keep breaching the COC if we don't know
>> what's allowed and what's not?
>> When simple attempts by yourself to highlight a probable impersonator/
>> troll become the crux for threats of shutting down THE ENTIRE DEBIAN
>> OFFTOPIC MAILING LIST?
>>
>> I do look forward to more of these types of issues cropping up. We
>> need to exacerbate the real problems, for people to even be able to
>> see them.
>>
>> Enough ranting already!
>>
>> So who's for promoting the Debian COC to contain sections proscribing
>> exceptionable/ reprehensible manners?
>
> We all should calm down first and in a few days we will see if there is
> the need to change something.

The problem is the unilateral and stated intent to cause change,
presumably by a list-admin, in the face of and contrary to, the intent
of the actual users of the list (d-c-o).

We, fellow users, are fully disenfranchised on this list.

We can no longer call it "our" list with any sense of dignity about that term.

Good luck all, dunno that I shall stick around,
Zenaan