Closing Debian OT mailing list

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:14:25 UTC 2014

On 06/09/2014 02:55 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 6/9/14, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sounds good, thanks, but I get:

>> Ah.. since it is a google group and what is said on the OT list pretty
>> much stays on the list, you do have to join the nest of neer-do-wells.
>> We have a no-drive-by rule. :) Ric
>
> Thanks. Since the url you provided is not useful to me, please, what
> is the url to join?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rmspacedashrfspaceslash

We marked it as over 21 (adult) so the occasional cuss words can be used
without some Mommy getting riled up when you say "firetruck". Got a
throw-down gmail account to use?

Here's our OT rulz:

"If the community here has an issue with your behaviour, you _will_
find out about it. If an action needs to be taken, we will openly
discuss it for about 3 days before coming to a consensus; then we'll
talk about if for 3 more days.

We will make fun of each other. But that is because this place is the
closest this geographically sprawled out bunch can get to hanging out
back in the shed with a case of beer.

It says at the top "anything goes". Apart from abuse, that is literally
true. Expect eclectic discussions, poetry, bar jokes and bar brawls.
Flame wars /will/ happen. Flak jackets and Kevlar helmets are provided
free of charge upon subscription, and must be returned in the event you
decide to abandon the list. Ammo is not provided, though. This being a
battle of the wits, occasionally one will find oneself unarmed. Be
forewarned and fill up beforehand."

And yes, we talk/argue about technical stuff, too. We are the cast-offs,
the flotsam and jetsam who escaped the tyranny of over-zealous
moderators to create our own space. :) Ric