One vision

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:06:03 UTC 2014

Nice, I don't need to be subscribed to a Debian list, but I still have
got the libre to post to those lists. Btw. I didn't remove my Debian
install, but I really unsubscribed from Debian lists and I didn't read
the Archives.

A nice reply and likely interesting for Debian users too, since some of
you don't start X using a DM and some of you like while others dislike
systemd.

"> Does a media center actually need a graphical login manager?
No, but I've found it simpler to use a light DM (lxdm and now lightdm)
than to keep up with the proper way to initialize a session. Back before
systemd I use to ck-launch-session dbus-launch etc. etc." -
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036630.html

While I use a DM my claim still is, even with systemd:
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036627.html

But indeed, the RHEL folks policy is to enforce their one and only valid
"vision".

The band Leibach once satirize a song from the band Queen [1], regarding
to a statement that's origin is from the Third Reich, too funny since
the official soccer WM song does include this statement too: "We Are
One".

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Feel free to Cc me.

[1]
"The Opus Dei album also features a cover of Queen's "One Vision" with
lyrics translated into German under the title Geburt einer Nation,
revealing the ambiguity of lines like "One race one hope/One real
decision"." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laibach_(band)